Shortbread cookies are amazing because of how they can be made in a different way.
- 1 cup ( 8oz/240g) ) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (2oz/60g)) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups (10oz/300g)) all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350o F (180oC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light inf fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two by a two-inch log.
- Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into 3/4 inch thick rounds.
- Place each round on your baking tray and bake for 16-18 minutes or until just golden.
- Allow cooling slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cool the cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.