For a tropical twist, try this coconut, lime and passionfruit cake combo
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pulp from 2 passionfruits
- 2 tbsp lime zest, finely grated
- Thickened cream, to serve
Lime and passionfruit syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- Pulp from 4 passionfruits
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Lightly grease an 8-hole mini loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut and sugar. Add butter, milk, eggs, passionfruit pulp and zest. Mix lightly until combined.
- Pour into prepared recesses. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack, top-side up.
- Meanwhile, to make the Lime & Passionfruit Syrup, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil on high. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-10 mins, until thickened slightly.
- Serve cakes drizzled with syrup and accompany with cream.