This pumpkin cream cheese muffin can take as much cheesecake topping as we want. The base is delectably spiced while the top is sweet and creamy. A wonderful classic flavor combination for autumn and pumpkin season!
Cream cheese topping
- 300 g (1¼ cup) cream cheese
- 50 g (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 130 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 g (½ tsp) baking soda
- 0.25 g (⅛ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 0.5 g (¼ tsp) ground ginger
- 1 g (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1.5 g (¼ tsp) salt
- 100 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 60 g (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 170 g (¾ cup) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- Beat the cream cheese with a silicone spatula to soften it. Mix in the sugar, then the egg yolks. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (except sugar) and whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients along with the sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into 8 muffin cups that have been lined with paper. Then top each with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 320°F (160°C) for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.