They’re the sweet special bites that my family doesn’t dare indulge in on a regular basis, but we love to enjoy together as once-in-a-while weekend breakfast treats!. Making these cute little cinnamon syrup glazed doughnuts are addictive and they are the bomb.
- ¼ cup caster sugar (50 g)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (55 g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ⅔ cups flour (200 g)
- ¼ cup soybean flour (30 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups oil, for frying (1 L)
- ⅓ cup sugar (65 g)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar syrup, for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugars and eggs together until smooth.
- Add in the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, soybean flour, and baking powder and mix together.
- Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into ping pong sized balls using your hands.
- In a deep saucepan, heat the oil to 190°C (370°F).
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully fry the balls in small batches.
- Transfer the doughnuts to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar by mixing the sugar and ground cinnamon together.
- Roll the doughnuts in the cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle some brown sugar syrup on top.