Delicious and super moist soft butter cake made with full-fat milk which adds flavor and tenderness to these mini cakes.
- 180 g salted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 30 g caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 45 ml full-fat fresh milk
- 3 egg whites
- 70 g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then butter and lightly flour the cake molds or a baking tin.
- Cream butter and 30 g sugar till pale and fluffy, scraping sides and bottom of mixing bowl as necessary.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, plus vanilla extract with the last yolk. Beat thoroughly after each addition until the egg yolks are mixed well and the sugar is dissolved.
- Sift the flour into the butter mixture in quarters and fold with a spatula alternating the flour with milk in 2 batches, fold just until the flour is moistened and the batter is smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk egg whites till thick. Continue whisking whilst gradually adding 70 g sugar, till egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into flour mixture in 3 batches, scraping down as necessary to ensure even mixing.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake molds or baking tin and bake the case in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- If baking with the mini cake molds, bake the cakes for 30 to 35 minutes.