This is a fluffy melt in your mouth yellow cake that you can frost it with anything you like from chocolate frosting to vanilla butter frosting. This cake is so easy to make and beyond delicious, anytime you want a quick cake recipe, be sure to look for this.
- 2 ¼ cups (270g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) corn starch
- 1 1/4 cup (250g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup (60mL) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs room temperature, large
- 2 yolks
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240mL) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour three 6 inch round pans. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, corn starch, and salt then set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer using a paddle attachment, or a large bowl if using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the oil and vanilla, mix to combine then scrape the bowl down. Add the eggs one at a time mixing until incorporated before adding the next. Scrape the bowl down once more and mix again.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter in alternating batches while mixing on low.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until the centres are set and springy.
- Allow to layers cool in pans for a few minutes then invert into a wire rack to cool completely.