This is a traditional dessert made with semolina and requires no baking! Yes, you don’t have to switch on your oven; you’ll just need to heat your stove top. Here is our delicious and also easy no bake semolina cake recipe
- 2 eggs,
- 1 teacup of granulated sugar,
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt,
- 1 teacup of vegetable oil (110 ml.),
- A half cup of water,
- 1 grated lemon peel,
- 1 cup of semolina,
- 10 grams of baking powder,
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (the cup is 200 ml.).
- 2 cups of sugar,
- 3 cups of water,
- A quarter lemon juice.
- Firstly, to prepare the semolina cake mixture, mix the eggs and the sugar in a deep bowl until it gets foamy.
Add the yogurt, vegetable oil, water and the grated lemon peel and mix them by using a wire beater.
- Finally add the semolina, baking powder and the flour and mix them well.
Grease a non-sticky pot or pan and make its surface lightly floured.
- Then pour the cake mixture in it.
Spread the mixture and cover the lid.
- If there is a hole on the lid, close also the hole with the help of a piece of paper towel.
Then fold a aluminium foil sheet in four and cover the medium size stove top with the folded aluminium foil.
Place the pot over the covered stove top and cook it over the low heat for almost 35 minutes.
- While cooking the cake, prepare the syrup.
Mix the sugar and the water in a pot and mix them.
Then leave it to boil.
- When it starts to boil, continue to boil for more 10 minutes.
After ten minutes, add the lemon juice and turn off the stove.
- At the end of the time, check the cake by inserting a toothpick.
Then turn off the stove and leave it for 5 minutes in the pot.
Remove the cake from the pot by turning it on a serving plate.
When the cake is warm, pour the warm syrup on it.
Then leave the cake until it absorbs the syrup and gets cool.
- Finally decorate your dessert how you like and serve.