Nothing beats cold ice cream on a summer day, this ice cream is made with vanilla and strawberry and they are layered to give you the best feeling and taste of both goods. For the VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE, you can find the recipe here and prepare it before. After preparing the vanilla, start off the strawberry ice cream recipe by preparing the custard.
- 3/4 cup (150 grams/ 5.3Oz) of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) of Whole Milk
- 1 cups (440ml) of Heavy Cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 450grams(16Oz) of Fresh Strawberries, cleaned and quartered
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- In a small saucepan, add the cream and milk and bring to a simmer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes or until it turns a pale color and thickens inconsistency.
- Pour 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture while whisking, then pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk mixture and cook over low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the custard thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain through a fine sieve in a clean bowl, add the vanilla and salt, stir to combine and chill for 4 hours minimum or up to overnight.
- Once your custard has chilled, (make sure you read the instructions on your ice cream machine in case you have to place the insert in the freezer overnight) add the strawberries in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the berry puree through a fine sieve in the same bowl as the custard. Give everything a good whisk to combine it all together, place it in your ice cream machine, and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.