This lemon pound cake is not quite the typical butter cake. The addition of cream cheese makes it a little more special and flavorful. But it is still an easy and quick recipe to make on any day.
- 85 g (6 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 60 g (¼ cup) cream cheese
- 100 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- zest of ½ lemon
- 2 eggs
- 100 g (¾ cup) cake flour
- 3 g (½ tsp) baking powder
- ⅛ tsp table salt
- 60 g (½ cup) powdered sugar
- 3-4 tsp lemon juice
- toasted pistachio
- Using an electric mixer or hand whisk, beat butter and cream cheese together until combined. Add sugar and beat for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until loose. Gradually add the beaten egg into the butter mixture. Mix briefly after every addition along with the lemon zest.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the butter mixture. Add salt and mix everything just until combined.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper or simply butter and flour it (I use 2.75″ x 6.5″ x 2.25″ or 7 x 16.5 x 6 cm deep pan). Fill the pan with the cake batter. Then bake it in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake center comes out clean. Remove from the pan immediately to cool.
- To make the lemon glaze, simply combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice. Add the juice 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches the consistency that you like.
- [Optional] Slice the top section of the pound cake to make it flat. Turn it upside down so that the cut section is now at the bottom.
- Pour the lemon glaze onto the cake and sprinkle some toasted pistachio. Let the glaze set before slicing and enjoy!