This is a really simple family banana cake that uses few ingredients and it is delicious.
- 2 cups (300grams/ 10.6Oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 (8 tablespoons) cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (200grams/ 7Oz) of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (75grams/ 2.6Oz) chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan then in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, beat in two eggs one at a time, scraping the sides.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas then add in the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and banana mixture into the egg mixture then fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes (70minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.