This super spongy simple cake is best served with a cup of milk. Start by laying the cake mould on a baking sheet and lining them with parchment paper. If you don’t have the moulds, you can use baking tins that are lined with parchment paper, set that aside. Start by sifting 130 grams of cake flour and set that aside then in a large mixing bowl, add 4 eggs and 2 egg yolks then lightly whisk teh eggs to loosen before adding sugar. If the eggs come in direct contact with sugar it is easy to form lumps.
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 120g ( 1 cup / 4.2 Oz) granulated sugar
- 20g honey
- 130g / 1 cup cake flour
- 40g (2.8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 55g whole milk
- 2g vanilla extract
- Add sugar and honey to the egg + egg yolk and warm it to 37 ~ 42 degrees C.
- Whip the egg with a hand mixer until the traces remain for more than 3 seconds.
- Whip until it becomes a fine foam at the lowest speed.
- Sift the flour and fold gently so that the bubbles do not go out.
- Set the temperature of (butter + milk + vanilla) extract to 4 ~ 60 degrees C and mix it in the batter.
- Fill the mould with 85% each, and bake in a preheated 167 to 175 degrees C (350℉) oven for 23 minutes.