This passion fruit pound cake is really tangy and delicious. Serve it with a passion fruit glaze accompanies with a cup of tea.
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp passion fruit
- 6 tbsp (89ml) milk
- In a large mixing bowl, add one cup of all-purpose flour and to that add baking powder, baking soda and salt then give that a good whisk and set that aside. In a separate bowl adds softened unsalted butter and just beat that up until nice and fluffy.
- To the butter, add a cup of sugar and beat that in until the sugar and butter are well combined then you will add in two eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition until the eggs are mixed through. Add vanilla extract for flavouring and beat that in then add half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix it through then add three tablespoons of passion fruit, you can strain out the seeds if you like to and mix that into the butter.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients along with 6 tablespoons of milk and mix until you get a smooth batter with no lumps. For the baking pan, you can use a loaf pan that is greased and lined with a parchment paper or use mini cake moulds that are greased then lightly floured. Fill up the pan to three-quarters full then smooth the top and bake in a 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven (160C) for 40 to 45 minutes. If you are using the mini cake moulds, bake at the same temperature for 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown.
- To make the passion fruit glaze, add half a cup of powdered sugar in a small bowl and add 4 tablespoons of passion fruit. Give that a good stir until the glaze comes together. Once the cake is baked, let it cool down completely before glazing. Place the cake on a wire rack over a baking tray and drizzle the glaze over the cake then let the glaze set before serving.