When it comes to preparing these super-soft buns, you really don’t have to be a professional baker. With basic baking skills, you’ll be able to make the best butter-soft buns ever.
- 1 cup (237ml) warm milk
- 3½ cup (437g/ 15.4Oz) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (110g/ 3.9Oz) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (10g) sugar
- 2 tsp (6g) active dry yeast
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (50g/ 1.7Oz) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 2 tbsp oil for bowl
- Egg wash( 1 egg and 1 tbsp milk)
- In a large bowl, add sugar, active dry yeast and one cup of milk then mix well and set it aside for the mixture to bloom for about 10 minutes.
- If you are using instant yeast, you can add it to the dry ingredients and continue with the dough-making process without waiting for it to bloom.
- Once the mixture has bloomed, add half a cup of unsalted butter and one large egg then lightly whisk the mixture.
- Add all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt then mix to form the dough.
- Once the dough has come together, let it sit in the bowl for 20 minutes uncovered then transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and place the dough then add butter to the dough and knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a cling film the set it in a warm spot and let the dough rise for about 60 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Degas the dough then cut them into about 15 to 20 pieces, form each piece into a ball of dough or you can make them look like mini hamburger buns then place them in a parchment-lined baking tray and cover with a cling film then let them proof for the second time for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare an egg wash by mixing one egg with a tablespoon of milk then brush the buns with the egg wash.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180C) for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately the buns are out of the oven, brush them with butter, this way the buns will have that nice buttery taste and flavor and will also remain soft for days.