Air fryer churros fried to golden perfection make a delicious dessert for your next Mexican-themed fiesta! Freshly baked and coated with cinnamon-sugar, this easy air fryer dessert is muy delicioso
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Oil spray
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- Put a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet and spray with oil spray
- In a medium saucepan add water, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add flour to the saucepan. Stirring constantly with a rubber spatula cook until the dough comes together and is smooth.
- Remove from heat and transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Let cool for 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and mix using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until dough comes together. The mixture will look like gluey mashed potatoes. Use your hands to press lumps together into a ball and transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped tip.
- Pipe churros onto the greased baking mat, into 4-inch lengths and cut end with scissors.
- Refrigerate piped churros on the baking sheet for 1 hour.Set air fryer to 375°F | 191°C for 12 minutes to start the preheating cycle.
- Carefully transfer churros into the preheated air fryer with a cookie spatula, leaving about 1/2-inch space between churros. Spray churros with oil spray. Depending on the size of your air fryer you have to fry them in batches.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes at 375°F | 191°C until golden brown.
- In a shallow bowl combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Immediately transfer baked churros to the bowl with the sugar mixture and toss to coat. Working in batches. Serve warm with Nutella or chocolate dipping sauce.