This chiffon cake is fluffy as clouds. A good chiffon cake can be seen by looking at the texture inside. the cream cheese flavor is particularly delicious in this cake.
- 100g (3.5Oz) Cream cheese
- 40ml/8tsp Milk
- 5pcs Egg
- 60g/7.38tbsp Cake flour
- 70g/5.6tbsp Caster Sugar
- 2g Lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, add 100 grams of cream cheese. The cream cheese needs to be softened by heating it over a water bath or microwave it to soften. If you are softening it over a water bath, whisk it until you feel it’s smooth then add 40 ml of milk and continue to mix well then set it aside.
- Prepare 5 eggs by separating the yolks from the whites then add the yolks to the cream cheese batter. Mix the yolks in the cream cheese with a whisk until the yolks are blended in the cream cheese. Sift in 60 grams of cake flour and continue mixing with a whisk until the batter is very smooth with no lumps, set it aside.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice in the egg whites then whip the whites on high speed, as it starts to whites, add 70 grams of caster sugar in thirds while whipping on high speed after each addition. Beat until the meringue reaches a stiff peak.
- Add a third of the meringue to the egg yolk and mix well then add the rest of the meringue to the egg yolk and continue folding it until you get a homogenous mixture. Pour the cake batter in a 7inch hollow cake mold and swirl a knife around to remove any air bubbles that may be trapped in the batter. Bake the cake in a preheated 150°C (300°F) oven for 20 minutes then turn to 160°C (320°F) bake for 30 minutes.
- Once baked and out of the oven, turn the cake upside down and let it cool that way for about 2 hours then remove the mold. Plate the cake, slice and serve plain or with any topping of your choice.