These biscuits ate very delicious and are a melt in your mouth and the best thing is the recipe is so easy and fast to make.
- 80 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 40 gr lemon juice (4 tbsp.)
- 170 grams of wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- a pinch of ginger
- a pinch of cardamom
- zest of 1 lemon
- 200 grams condensed milk
- 40 grams of lemon juice (4 tbsp.)
- Add the softened butter in a big bowl then add a pinch of salt than sugar and stir for about three minutes until everything is well combined, you can use a spatula to combine the ingredients. Break-in your egg into the batter then add lemon juice and if you dint want your biscuits to be a little sour, you can add milk instead
- Since you are looking for the signature lemon look, add a teaspoon of lemon flavor, lemon peel, and cardamon. Mox everything until well smooth. Mix flour and baking powder then sift the dry ingredients to the batter in batches while mixing it until the batter has come together. Do not overmix the batter, you want to mix ut just until the flour is incorporated into the batter.
- It should have a creamy consistency, very soft and sticky. Cover the dough with a cling fling and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight and if you are in a hurry then you can refrigerate it for around 40 minutes so that it cools down and its easier to work with. For the filling, you will need condensed milk with sugar then you will add in lemon juice, whisk until the mixture becomes very thick.
- Cover with a plastic wrap then let it chill in the fridge for about an hour. Remove the chilled dough from the fridge then line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Spoon the dough in your hands and roll it into a ball about 2 to 2.5 cm in diameter then line them on the baking sheet spacing them really well because they will become bigger once baked.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for about b6 to 7 minutes. Check to see if they are ready by putting a toothpick in the cookies and when they come out clean they are ready. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for about ten minutes. Take your filling from the fridge and place it in a piping bag then fill half of the biscuits and use the other half to coat them. If you are a fan of lemon and citrus flavor these biscuits will be your favorite.