My Ciambella recipe is a beautiful, simple, and classic Italian breakfast cake that makes the perfect companion with your morning cup of coffee or tea.
- 6 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cups (10oz/284g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (8floz/240ml) olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 cups (10oz/284g) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and generously butter and flour a 12-cup (3.85 liters) capacity bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together, and then add the olive oil and orange zest, and juice. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and then fold into the wet ingredients in three increments until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with some powdered sugar before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.