Simple Quick Pound Cake is a classic recipe that’s sweet, dense, and incredibly EASY to make with simple ingredients and bakes in only 60 minutes!
- 80 grams Granulated sugar
- 85 grams Cake flour
- A pinch of baking powder
- 80 grams unsalted butter, melted
For the apricot glaze
- Apricot 25g
- Water 25ml
- Brush the melted butter evenly on the base and edges of a pan then dust the inside the pans with flour and set them aside.
- Add hot water in a medium bowl, place the butter pieces in a stainless steel bowl, put the bowl in the hot water and cover a cloth, set aside and keep warm.
- Add 80g sugar in a bowl, zest half of grapefruit into it. Then rub the grapefruit zest and sugar together with your fingers until fragrant and combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add two eggs and grapefruit sugar, whisk them together for 7~8 minutes until the egg mixture is pale and fluffy.
- If you use hand electric mixer, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, then change to low speed for 1 minute.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture, and gently fold until you have a smooth batter then pour the melted butter into the bowl, mix until fully incorporated and the texture is a little bit glossy.
- Fill three-quarters full with batter then tap the pans 1 or 2 times to cause the air bubbles to rise to the surface.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and bake for 30~35 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and place it onto a cooling rack and leave to cool.
- Use a small pan to melt the apricot and water over low heat then brush the top with warm apricot glaze and leave for minutes then serve.