A classic Chinese dish, beef and black bean stir-fry makes a great mid-week dinner. Add cooked noodles at the end if you want something more substantial.
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 700 gram beef strips
- 200 gram green beans, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 carrot (120g), sliced thinly
- 1 red capsicum (200g), sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) black bean sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 230 gram can bamboo shoots, drained
- Heat half the oil in wok; stir fry beef, in batches, until browned all over.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok; stir-fry beans, carrot, capsicum and garlic until vegetables are just tender.
- Return beef to wok with remaining ingredients; stir-fry until hot.