These coconut-chocolate bars are so easy to make and handy for sweet snacks. This recipe uses milk chocolate but if you wanted to make it a little healthier you could swap this for darker chocolate.
- 3 1/2 cups finely shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 6-8 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Place shredded coconut in the bowl of a food processor and add 6 tablespoons corn syrup.
- Pulse until coconut is finely ground and sticky.
- Once mixture sticks together, use a tablespoon to scoop out balls of coconut and press them into flat bricks or ovals that are 3 inches long and 1/2-inch thick.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl and microwave at 30-second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sea salt and vanilla extract, if using, then use a fork to submerge coconut bars in melted chocolate, then transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet to set.
- Place bars in the freezer to chill for at least 1 hour, then serve chilled or at room temperature.