This light mini cheesecake is suitable for all ages. You can serve it with any cream on the side or just have it plain with a glass of milk.
- 85g cream cheese
- 60ml milk
- 35g(1.23Oz) butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2ml lemon juice
- 1g salt
- 6ml honey
- 30g (1/4 cup/ 1.25 oz) cake flour
- 10g/ 0.3Oz corn starch
- 3 egg whites
- 60g (¼ cup/ 2Oz sugar
- 2ml lemon juice
- Start off by boiling water in a pot then in a mixing bowl, add room temperature cream cheese and 60 ml of room temperature milk and place it over the hot water bath. Turn the heat to low and stir to melt the cream cheese.
- When the cream cheese is melted and reaches 60 degrees Celcius, add room temperature butter. Continue stirring the butter in until it melted and incorporated then remove from the heat. Add 3 egg yolks one by one and mix well after each addition, once the egg yolks are incorporated in the cream cheese mixture, add 2ml of lemon juice, salt and honey and mix again until combined.
- Sift in cake flour and corn starch until the flour is well incorporated and smooth with no lumps. Bring the bowl with the egg whites and start beating on high speed until it foams then add sugar in three additions and beat well after each addition. Add 2ml of lemon juice and continue beating the meringue until it reaches a soft peak.
- Scoop the meringue little by little and fold it in the butter until smooth and incorporated. Pour the batter into the mini cakes mould. Place the cake moulds in a rectangle baking tray and add hot water to the tray then bake in a 175degrees C preheated oven for 7 minutes then reduce the temperature to 115C and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Once baked, transfer the cakes to a cooling rack to cool down then remove them from the moulds and serve the cheesecake right away or stored in the refrigerator.