Easy-to-make, moist banana pound cake is delicately sweet and full of banana flavor. This simple pound cake loaf has a tender, buttery crumb with a texture that melts in your mouth.
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set it aside.
- With a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the speed to medium, and add the vanilla and eggs one at a time. Add the mashed bananas and milk, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until the top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing it and transferring it to a wire rack to finish cooling.