This orange yoghurt cake brings a combination of yoghurt and orange, it is super soft and delicious, Serve plain or with any cream of your choice.
- 2 cups (272grams/9.6Oz) of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200grams/4.2Oz) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (245/8.6Oz) yoghurt
- ½ Cup (118ml) of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 Eggs
- Start by sifting all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) together into a mixing bowl. Give them a mix then set them aside. In another bowl, crack in two eggs and whisk just to break the yolks then add the vegetable oil and the yoghurt. This recipe uses the greek style of yoghurt but you can use the normal yoghurt if you don’t have greek.
- Add in fresh orange juice and it is very important to use fresh orange juice because you cannot get the authentic flavour of oranges except by using fresh oranges. The canned juice will not give you the same results. Finally, add the orange zest for an intense flavour then whisk the wet ingredients together thoroughly until well blended then slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Switch to a spatula and continue mixing by folding the mixture in and out slowly until everything is well incorporated. Once the cake batter is smooth and moistened with no lumps, add it to a greased and floured cake tin. Preheat your oven to 350F(180C) and bake it for 45 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.