This Eggless Banana Bread is tender and moist, with a soft crumb. You don’t any mixer and it comes together in under 10 minutes. Stays moist for days!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ¼ cup mashed very ripe bananas about 2 very large
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, light or golden brown
- 1 cup plain yogurt or use sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray the bottom and sides of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with non stick cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Into another larger bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk until very smooth. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Tip: Use heavily speckled bananas for deep fruity and caramelly flavor.
- Pro tip: Don’t over mix! It’s ok if some traces of dry flour are left behind. The more you mix, you’ll end up developing gluten in the batter, and you’ll have a denser, almost chewy loaf.
- Transfer batter into the prepared pan, smooth top and sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes clean. Place pan on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Tip: If during baking, the top of the eggless banana bread looks like it is getting too brown, cover it loosely with aluminum foil and continue to bake until done.