This banana bread is something between a brioche and milk bread. It’s really soft and fluffy it has a very nice rich buttery milk flavor. This bread will make two banana bread loaves.
- All-Purpose Flour | 2 +1/3Cup (350g )
- Milk Powder (2tbsp)
- Sugar | 2.5tbsp (30g)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- Milk | 1/4 Cup (65ml)
- Active Dry Yeast | 4 g (1,5 tsp)
- Butter | 3tbsp (40g)
- More Butter for brushing
- Start by smashing the bananas in a bowl using a fork until creamy then add an egg and milk and continue mixing everything together. Once mixed well, set it aside. Into a bowl of a stand mixer, add flour, milk powder, sugar, and salt, and whisk everything together to combine.
- Go ahead and add the banana milk and egg mixture you had prepared before. Add active dry yeast on the top then attach a dough hook to the stand mixer and knead until the dough is starting to form then add softened butter. Keep kneading until the butter is incorporated into the dough. You can also do this by hand but that will take quite some time, if kneading by hand, use a clean surface and knead until the dough is smooth.
- Once the dough has been kneaded, place it in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let the dough proof for about an hour. Once the dough has proofed and doubled in size, transfer it to a working surface and lightly knead it to degas the dough. Divide the dough into two halves then cover them and allow them to rest for 10-15 minutes. Take each dough and roll it then take one end of the dough and roll it into a log shape.
- Make about 6 to 8 cuts in the rolled dough, the cuts should be deep then carefully place the dough in a greased baking tin. Prepare the second dough and place it in another baking tin. Cover them and let them rise for another 45 minutes. Once the 45 minutes are done, preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius (347 Fahrenheit) and bake for 17 to 20 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven, brush the top with butter to keep them soft for a long then serve. This bread will remain soft for up to 3 days.