With only four ingredients and no baking required, this light and airy lemon flummery slice is a lovely change from denser cheesecake slices.
- 85g lemon jelly crystals
- 250g Granita biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 600ml thickened cream
- Place jelly crystals in a small bowl. Add 1 cup (250ml) boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until cold and just starting to set.
- Blitz biscuits in a food processor into a fine crumb. Add butter and pulse until well combined. Tip into an 18cm x 25cm slice tin that has been greased and lined with baking paper, leaving enough paper overhanging to lift the finished slice out of the tin. Press biscuits into a firm even layer in the tin with the back of a large spoon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using hand-held beaters, whip cream until just starting to thicken. Add partially set jelly and continue beating for 4-5 minutes until thick. Pour over biscuit base in tin and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least two hours to set.
- Use overhanging baking paper to lift slice out of tin and place on a chopping board. Cut into squares to serve.