Fragrant, moist, and tender Orange Pound Cake flavored with freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest. Perfect for snack time or tea time.
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour (265g)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ sticks butter (softened)
- ¾ cup sugar (165g)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk(120ml)
- 3 oz orange juice (90ml)
- Zest from 1 orange
- Grease and flour a pan. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda into a medium sized bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add half the flour mixture, half of the milk, and half of the orange juice. Beat on low speed. Then add remaining flour mixture, milk, and orange juice. Continue to beat until combine.
- Fold in orange zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on