The easy budget-friendly meatballs are a mixture of ground beef, green onions, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, an egg and breadcrumbs. The meatballs are brushed with ketchup and teriyaki sauce that’s been mixed together. The meatballs are threaded on skewers, put into a baking dish and baked until cooked through.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (divided)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the chopped green onion, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoon ketchup, egg, breadcrumbs and ground beef. Mix well. Shape into 24 meatballs.
- Combine the remaining 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons ketchup. Coat the meatballs in the mixture and thread on skewers. Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 15 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving, if desired.