Buttery potato swirl also known as duchess potato is making our mashed potatoes then taking it to the next level by adding some spices, piping it then slightly baking them. You are going to need a potato that is really suited for mashed or boiling.
- 2lb – 1kg Potatoes
- 3 eggs (yolks)
- 3oz- 80g butter
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (fresh or ground)
- Salt and pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil (or vegetable)
- Peel the potatoes, rinse then cut into three, place in deep saucepan well covered with water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until very tender, approx 20 minutes.
- Strain potatoes using a colander and set aside to drain thoroughly.
- Using a ricer or a masher, mash the potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove and pour into potato mash.
- Add egg yolks, salt, and pepper plus nutmeg. Mix well.
- Grease a baking sheet pan with olive oil.
- Place a large star nozzle in a piping bag, fill the bag and pipe swirls directly onto the sheet pan. You should have 16-20 for a good size.
- ake in the oven for 15-20 min at 430°F – 220°C or until golden brown. Rotate the pan halfway through cooking for even browning.
- Lift off the pan with a thin metal spatula and serve immediately.