Spicy, zesty, simple and quick, this fried chicken wings recipe is perfect for a movie or game night at home. Pair it with your favourite dip.
- 1 pound of chicken wings
- 1 spoon of flour
- appropriate amount of spicy pepper
- half a head of garlic
- 1 spoon of five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 60g plain flour
- 60g corn starch oil
- cumin powder
- appropriate amount chili powder
- Wash the chicken wings first. Add a spoonful of flour to one pound of chicken wings. The flour can better absorb dirt and grease. Wash it several times after washing it for two minutes.
- Prepare a handful of spicy millet. If you like spicy food, add more and half a head of garlic. The taste of garlic can better bring out the aroma of chili pepper.
- One spoon of five-spice powder, one spoon of pepper powder, one spoon of salt, half a spoon of brown sugar, one tablespoon of light soy sauce, one tablespoon of yogurt. If there is no yogurt, use water instead. Cover with plastic wrap and mash into paste. You can also beat it directly with a cooking stick. It will be simpler and faster. But the taste of hand-pounded ones will be more fragrant and last longer.
- Prick the chicken wings with toothpicks to make them more flavorful when marinated. Stir. Can be grasped by hand. But be sure to wear gloves.
- Marinate for 3 hours, take out and mix the chicken wings, and then use the sauce on the surface to coat in flour.
- Mix 60 grams of ordinary flour and 60 grams of cornstarch. Put the chicken wings in and make every corner of the chicken wings coated with flour. There are two things to pay attention to here. First, do not touch the wet chicken wings with your gloves. The gloves will be covered with flour. Secondly, be sure to shake off the excess flour so that the fried chicken wings will taste better and crispier.
- Now pour in the oil, you can pour a little more, turn on high heat and use chopsticks to test the oil temperature. When there are small bubbles around the chopsticks, you can turn to low heat and cook the chicken wings.
- Fry for a while, then gently flip the bottom, and take it out after frying for 3 minutes. At this time, the chicken wings are not completely colored. Continue to turn up the heat and prepare to fry again. Use chopsticks to test the oil temperature in the same way.
- When the temperature reaches the temperature, turn down the heat and add the chicken wings. You can start the pot without using it for a minute. The surface will look golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle some salt and chili powder while it is hot. You can also sprinkle cumin.