This mini vanilla pound cake is a dense but delicate cake with a rich and buttery taste. This individual mini pound cake is simple to bake and serve plain or with a ganache.
- ½ cup (113g/ 4Oz) unsalted butter, slightly cooler than room temperature
- 1 cup (200g/ 7.1Oz) sugar
- 2 large eggs, just at room temperature
- ⅔ cup (160ml) sour cream (full-fat)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup (180g/ 6.3Oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour mini pans and tap out any excess flour. You can also lin them with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar using electric beaters or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs with a fork and add them a little at a time while mixing on medium speed. Stir the sour cream and vanilla together and beat in.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the batter, while beating on low speed until fully incorporated, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure this.
- Spoon the batter into the cake moulds to about three-quarters full then run a skewer in to remove any excess air.
- Bake the cakes for about 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve them warm or wait until completely cool to glaze them.