This bread is perfect to have as a morning slice with your coffee or even as a little after dinner dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp Stevia (or 3/4 cup white sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Lemon Glaze
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray with a non-stick vegetable spray (or butter if you prefer) the bottom and sides of a loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inch). In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until softened (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture (in three additions) and milk (in two additions) alternately, starting and ending with the flour. Mix only until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 55 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar and the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice together until all blended together. Allow loaf to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from pan and drizzle glaze over top. Enjoy!