Steakhouse Mushrooms are such an easy skillet side for steak or maybe for roasted chicken. You can make them right on the grill if you’d like, or maybe you’re more the type to cook them indoors. Either way, you’re going to love this simple but scrumptious recipe for Steakhouse Mushrooms.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced crosswise (into half moon shapes)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon or so crushed garlic (2 small cloves or 1 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (white or traditional)
- Heat butter in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the edges begin to turn slightly brown.
- Add mushrooms, cover with a lid and cook for two to four minutes, turning mushrooms over once or twice, until the mushrooms are turning golden brown and have given up a little of their juices.
- Remove lid, add garlic and stir. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) of salt and a few grinds of pepper and cook for a minute or two longer, until the juices have started to evaporate and concentrate. Add Worcestershire sauce, stir and remove from heat.