These perfect sugar cookies are so easy and with the addition of one ingredient, they become a magical treat.
- 4 cups flour 480g, sifted
- 1/3 cup corn starch 40g
- 3/4 tsp salt 4g
- 1 cup unsalted butter 227g
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5mL
- Sift your flour, corn starch and salt in a large bowl. Give it a whisk.
- In your standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs while mixing. Scrape downsides of the bowl.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Put the dough in a plastic bag, flatten it together, then chill it in the refrigerator so it firms up.
- Once the dough is chilled, place it on a rolling matt, sprinkle with flour and roll out with a rolling pin. Move the dough around so to prevent it from sticking.
- Use a circular cookie cutter to cut out your cookies. Take away extra scraps to re-roll for more cookies.
- Place them on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 375F for 12 minutes.