The most amazing red velvet cake recipe with cream cheese frosting. This cake is so moist, fluffy, rich and velvety. Perfect cake for holidays, birthdays, valentine’s day or any occasion. This cake consists of two layers of cake, generous layer of cream cheese frosting in the middle, beautifully covered with frosting on top and sided. Coated with red velvet crumbs and decorated with heart shape cake.
For the cake:
- 2½ cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (16g) Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1½ cups (300g) Sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup – 1 tbsp (200g) Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white Vinegar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter, room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons Red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1¼ cups (300ml) Heavy cream, cold
- 2 cups (450g) Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups (190g) Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at the time, beating until combined after each addition. Add oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, buttermilk and beat until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix after each addition until well combined. Add food coloring and mix.
- Pour the batter into two 8-inch (20cm) round baking pans greased with butter and dust with flour. or you can use one pan and bake twice. Also you can use springrorm pan lined with parchment.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Release from the pan, then let cool completely.
- Make the frosting: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl with heavy cream to stiff peaks. Then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cut the top of the cakes. Cut 8-12 heart shapes from the top layer of the cakes. Make crumbs from the leftovers. Set aside.
- Place one cake layer with flat side down. Spread a layer of frosting, place the second layer of cake on top of the frosting, flat side up. Spread evenly the frosting on top and sides of the cake.
- Decoration: Decorate red velvet cake with the crumbs and the hearts.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.