This crumble pound cake is one of the first cake I have ever make and I had a lot of practice making it, it’s super easy to make and only requires very few ingredients.
- 1 pint blueberries washed and drained
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sparkling white sugar or turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Toss washed, drained blueberries with 1/4 cup flour, set aside.
- Sift remaining flour with baking powder and salt, set aside.
Separately in mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together with hand or stand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Fold dry ingredients (by hand) into batter until well blended.
- Gently stir in berries.
- Pour into greased and floured 10″ tube pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sparkling white sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
- Cool cake in tube pan for 10 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to carefully separate cake from the edges of the pan and around the tube in the middle.
- Carefully remove the cake from pan and cool on a baking rack.