Light and fluffy Nutella Filled Doughnuts which has a Portuguese origin. This is like a fried cloud. It is light inside with a slightly crisp exterior.
- 1 Cup Warm Milk 250 ml
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tsp instant Yeast
- 3 Cups all purpose flour 375 grams
- 55 Grams unsalted butter at room temperarture
- 1 Tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, add milk, egg and egg yolk, sugar and yeast. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix with a spatula until incorporated.Let it rest covered for 15 minutes.
- Add Soft butter and salt and knead until butter gets dissolved completely into the dough.
- transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 15 minutes until smooth and elastic. I did it by a slap and fold method. Check the video to see how.
- Place in a well oiled bowl and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch it down knead for a minute and divide the dough into two.
- Roll into an 9 inches in diameter.
- Cut into triangles or rounds
- let it rise covered for 25 minutes.
- Fry it in medium low heat on both sides.
- Poke hole with a skewer on doughnuts. Dip it in sugar.
- Once cooled, pipe Nutella into it and serve. It is best to serve this the same day you fry them. it tends to get a little hard the next day.