Your home will smell sweet when the aroma of spices from the cake will waft through while baking. It is a moist, soft and delicious cake with the heavenly flavour of spices in every bite. This is a must bake cake for special evenings when you want to enjoy tea with your loved ones.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup thick yogurt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of an orange
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line the bottom and grease the sides of one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat white of eggs till frothy.
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, yogurt, vanilla extract, zest and beat till smooth. Add yolks. Add melted butter. In the end, fold in egg whites.
- Add dry ingredients in three shifts, mixing well after each addition to get a smooth, lump free batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Level the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or till the top turns brown and the cake shrinks from the sides. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.