These muffins have a lot of orange flavors because you will be using fresh orange juice and also the rind of the orange that contains oil and intense orange flavors.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Zest two medium oranges, then juice then – you should get about 1 cup juice and 1 heaping tbsp of zest.
- In a measuring cup, pour ⅓ cup vegetable oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp of orange zest, 2 large eggs, and 1 cup of orange juice.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees then add all-purpose flour into a bowl together with salt, baking powder then whisk the dry ingredients.
- Zest the orange over a measuring cup and you should have about one biog heaping tablespoon of orange zest the juice of the oranges. For the wet ingredients, add vegetable oil to the orange zest then crack two large eggs into the cup and a teaspoon of vanilla extract and one cup of fresh orange juice. In a bowl, add white sugar then pour the wet ingredients into the sugar and mix that until everything is well combined.
- Pour the orange mixture into the flour mixture and mix gently until everything is incorporated, don’t overmix the batter, juts until the lumps are gone.
- Fold in the nuts if using and your batter will be ready. You will need your muffin tray and use liners or you can oil the cups and then pour in the batter. Use an ice cream scoop or spoons to fill the muffins about three-quarters full. Bake teg muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes and use a toothpick to check if the muffins are well baked before removing from the oven.
- Leave the muffins in the pan for about 15 minutes until they are ready to be removed from the pan. Serve them with butter and a cup of coffee in the morning.