The sunshine in these cake cookies comes from adding the zest of a lemon and an orange. The addition of citrus zest is a surefire way to add brightness to any recipe!
- 1 – 432 g pkg Lemon Cake Mix (1)
- 1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- zest of 1 lemon (1)
- zest of 1 orange (1)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- To a large bowl, add cake mix, canola oil, eggs, lemon zest and orange zest. Mix with a fork just until combined. Mix in almonds until evenly distributed. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough with a 1 Tbsp (15 mL) scoop and roll into balls. Roll dough balls in sugar and transfer to baking sheets, placing them 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, being careful not to let them brown. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.