Spice up your regular popcorn with a little caramel and cayenne! You’ll definitely have fans lining up for this delicious snack.
- 10 cups (2500 mL) popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups (325 mL)Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- pinch of cayenne
- Place popped popcorn on parchment lined baking trays. Preheat oven to 250°F (121°C).
- In a medium sized pot over medium high heat combine sugar, butter, water and salt. Instead of stirring swirl the pan every once in a while until the mixture is golden brown.
- When the mixture is golden brown remove from heat and add baking soda, chilli powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Pour over the popcorn and use a greased wooden spoon to mix popcorn and provide an even coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool, break into pieces and enjoy!