Tapioca, a starch derived from the cassava plant, is low in saturated fat, and is a good source of B vitamins, minerals (iron, manganese, calcium and copper) fibre and protein.
- 2 tablespoons tapioca seeds
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 small mango (300g), chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated palm sugar, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- Cook tapioca in a small saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until soft. Remove pan from heat. Cover; stand 10 minutes. Drain tapioca; rinse under cold water. Drain well. Place tapioca in a small bowl with enough cold water to cover. Refrigerate until required.
- Blend coconut milk, mango, rind, juice and sugar until smooth.
- Dry-fry flaked coconut in a small frying pan, stirring, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- Drain tapioca; spoon into serving glasses. Pour coconut mango mixture into glasses; stir to combine. Top with extra rind, extra palm sugar and toasted coconut.