Easy Home Fries! You will never get tired of this simple, yet delicious and satisfying side dish!
- Olive oil
- Add Light Olive oil or Vegetable Oil (I use a flavored Garlic Oil; just add a tablespoon of Garlic powder to the Olive oil) and heat the skillet to Med-Hot.
- Slice potatoes, the size determines how long they will cook. Tip: if you cut the potatoes too thin, they tend to stick together. You can slice them any way you like. I like to cut mine smaller and it takes me about 20 minutes from start to finish.
- Add potatoes, season with salt/pepper/garlic powder, optional dill weed. Fry, without moving, until underside of potatoes turns golden brown, about 5 minutes or so.
- Turn to another side, season and cook for a couple of minutes and then toss around so they brown a bit more on all side.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let steam through for about 3 to 5 minutes. Check often and flip the potatoes.
- Remove the lid, increase the temperature and cook potatoes for another 5 minutes, turning frequently until browned and crisp on all sides.
- Add oil as needed so home fries don’t stick together. They will have a crust on the outside and will be very soft on the inside.