If you cut the potatoes thick, the outside will be crispy and the inside will be moist like wedge potatoes. If you cut it thinly like a franchise potato, it will last a little more crispy . It’s delicious to eat only french fries, but try it better with cheese sauce. Cheese sauce can be used as a nacho sauce.
Ingredients : ✤ Cooking
- 720g potatoes (2 large ones)
- 0.5 tbsp salt (rice spoon)
- 2 tbsp of corn starch (rice spoon/potato starch also available)
✤ Cheese sauce
- 20g unsalted butter
- 0.5 tbsp flour (rice spoon)
- 1 teasp of sriracha sauce (replaceable with hot sauce and red pepper powder)
- 120ml milk
- 108g cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
- 720 g potatoes, cut the uneven part, if you want to eat it softly, cut it thick (My stomach is made of soft potatoes, if you want to eat it as crispy, cut it thinner).
- Pour cold water and soak for 30 minutes, if you remove the starch, it becomes more crispy. Drain the water after 30 minutes, wash the starch with cold water.
- Boil it in boiling water for 5 minutes, 0.5 teaspoon salt. If cut thinly, boil for 3 minutes (Boiling in advance will shorten the time to fry.). Rinse in cold water to cool quickly.
- Removes moisture. Put the potatoes in a plastic bag, 2 tbsp corn starch (potato starch possible), tap gently shake gently. Well buried evenly.
- Shake off residual powder, it’s like chalk, but it’s not. My beloved snack. Keep it in the freezer and fry it whenever you want.
- 20g unsalted butter + 0.5 tbsp flour. Stir-fried flour gives a savory taste. Sriracha sauce 1teaspoon (hot sauce, red pepper powder available)no spicy taste.
- 120ml milk Stir well so that it doesn’t stick + 108g pieces of cheddar cheese. If you add a lot at once, it won’t melt well, so add little by little. Turn off the stove when it gets thick.
- Chalk I met again…, no potatoes. Fry in hot preheated oil. Fry for about 3 minutes over low heat. Take it out when the outside starts to get crispy.
- Still white potatoes, let it cool for a while. The crispness has disappeared, put it in boiling oil again. Fry again for 3-4 minutes over low heat. Just make sure it doesn’t burn sometimes. Take it out if it turns golden.
- French fries pile up like a mountain. If the cheese falls into a waterfall, this is a superb view, parsley + red pepper powder. The irresistible temptation of cheese, it’s a cute snack. Wow~ crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.