These potato rolls are light and fluffy, they are so moist and so soft. You can use leftover mashed potatoes or you can make new ones and these potato rolls also make the most amazing hamburgers buns and dinner rolls. Potato brioche buns are incredible, the addition of potatoes to these rolls gives the dough an amazing and unique fluffiness.
- 400 gr All Purpose Flour ( 2 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp flour)
- 100 grams Potatoes cooked and mashed ( 4 ounces)
- 2 Egg Yolks ( If you don’t eat eggs, you can substitute the egg yolks for 2 tbsp more milk)
- 30 grams Sugar ( 2 tbsp)
- 120 ml Warm Milk (1/2 cup)
- 100 ml Warm Water ( to add to the milk) (1/4 cup + 3 tbsp)
- 80 gr Soft Butter ( 2/3 stick)
- 7 grams Dry Yeast ( 1 packet)
- 1 tsp Salt
- To make these rolls, you are going to add to your mixer flour sugar and salt.You can make this dough without a mixer and to knead the dough you will wet or grease your hands and the dough will not stick. Mix the dry ingredients so that all the ingredients are well dispersed then add in mashed potatoes and egg yolks for extra richness and for the golden color, if you dint eat eggs, substitute the egg yolks for 2 tbsp more milk. In a jar, add warm milk and mix with yeast then add them to the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough for around two to three minutes if you are using a stand mixer, if you are making it by hand it will take a little longer but you will knead the dough until smooth and the dough is not sticking on your work surface. For this recipe, you will add soft spreadable butter after the dough has formed because if you add the butter at the beginning it will inhibit gluten development. For this dough, you want a soft and springy texture of your bake, and adding the butter at the end will ensure the buns are soft and bouncy.
- Mix the softened butter until fully incorporated, the dough will, be soft and tucky at this point, transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap then let it rise for two hours or until doubled in size. Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and form your bread rolls, with this recipe you will get around 15 buns.
- Line them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and space them because the buns will rise again. Cover them with aplastic wrap and let them rise again for an additional 30 minutes. Dust the buns with some potato starch then bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes. These rolls are delicious and addictive and if you are making a bbq, try making with these rolls and you will love them.